Sunday 6 January 2008

My dad, the mummy, and I

Hear it! or Subscribe!

The short winter days flicker by, but the festive season nears an end and then this podcast should find a schedule. It's warm and bright outside, a weather that permeates todays stories and brings a certain morbidity. Or morbidness. Discuss.

Show Notes

~~~

The DoomSkulls of Power carol in the year. Later Prometheus Project lend us an echo of their bewitching Your Mother Suckled You With Bile Not Milk, You Brute.

~~~

There are two lies in this piece. Firstly, I was involved in the decision and the implementation of the pants on heads fiasco. Secondly, the whole thing with the mummy didn't actually happen. My father does work at a museum, and I am in love with the backrooms, but the story with unwanted cadavre is a Curator's Urban Legend that he collected while visiting other museums. I don't know if there is any truth in it at all. If you've ever incinerated a several-century old corpse contact me, I'd love to hear about it!

~~~

Coming soon, a season of Greek Myths!

2 comments:

Prairiedaun said...

If you've ever incinerated a several-century old corpse contact me, I'd love to hear about it!

Okay, so I haven't had a chance to listen to this episode yet, but this makes me want to right away (but it'll have to wait until morning.)

It does, however, make me wonder about the skeletons hanging around in the physical anthropology labs at school and making me go "hmm."

Prairiedaun said...

yellow liquid- eww! eww, eww, eww!

Great story.